BIOGRAPHY OF CHELITA ZUCKERMANN
Mexican and Italian architect and self-taught artist, born in Mexico City in 1965, graduated in Architecture in 1991. She worked in Mexico as an architect from 1991 to 2006 when she moved to live in Italy. Since her architectural studies are not recognized in Europe, in 2016 she began to creat artistic works by transforming aluminium, stainless steel and corten steel plates into sculptures. Since 2017, three of her sculptures are displayed in public places and are part of the Porto Rotondo's Art Foundation, Sardinia. Since 2019, two of her sculptures are part of the art collections of 2 museums, one in the PAPALOTE Museum in Mexico City and the other in the Museo Dei Lumi in Casale Monferrato, Italy. She has won 4 first Art prizes, In October 2020 at the Premio Biancoscuro Art Contest 2020, in 2019 at the 13th Premio Arte Laguna di Venezia, in the Business for Art category and 2 in Palm Springs, USA. Thanks to the polished stainless steel and aluminium she uses, her sculptures reflect natural and artificial light and blend into the environment, taking colors from their surroundings as a reflection. The lightness of aluminum allows her aluminium sculptures to move in the wind. With her works, Chelita wants to bring joy and light.
2019 SCULPTURES IN 2 MUSEUMS
- MEXICO, her PAPALOTL Monarch Butterfly since September 2019 is part of the Art collection of the PAPALOTE MUSEUM in Mexico City.
- ITALY, her sculpture: "Miraculous Light" - Hanukkiah is part of the Art collection of the "Museo dei Lumi" at the Jewish Museum of Casale Monferrato, Piedmont, Italy.
SCULPTURES IN PUBLIC PLACES IN ITALY
- ROME, since 01/31/2022 her sculpture SHINY AGAVE was placed at the entrance of the Mexican Embassy in Rome, at the request of Ambassador Carlos Eugenio García de Alba Zepeda for the commemoration of the Mexican Embassy's 100 years in Italy and is now part of its Artistic Heritage.
- BOLZANO, since 2022 three of her sculptures are at Palais Campo Franco in Bolzano. Currently these sculptures are exposed there: PEGASUS BEYOND THE OBSTACLES, EAGLE OF TWO WORLDS and PASSAGE TO PARADISE.
- PORTO ROTONDO in Sardenia:
- since 2021 her Artwork Light Angel was placed in front of Porto Rotondo's church in Sardinia and is part of the Artistic Heritage of the Porto Rotondo's Foundation.
- since 2017, 2 Agaves are part of the Art Collection and are owned by the Consortium of Porto Rotondo, Sardinia. The American Agave is located in Piazza Cascella and the Curly Agave is located in Via Riccardo Belli.
- since 2017-2018 Four Artworks are part of the "Hrusca Foundation" collection and are placed at the Sporting Hotel in Porto Rotondo, Italy.
ART AWARDS IN ITALY AND ABROAD
- 2020 Milan, Italy. She won the Biancoscuro Art Contest 2020 with the Artwork: Light Angel.
- 2019 Venice, Italy. 1st prize in the "13th Arte Laguna Prize" in the Business for Art category with the Artwork: Shiny giant Agave.
- 2018 Palm Springs, USA. 1st prize in the "4th. Annual Leaves & Petals Art Exhibition" of the Fusion Art Gallery, in the 3D Category with the Artwork: Cactus Flower.
- 2018 Palm Springs, USA. 1st prize in the "Holidays & Traditions Art Exhibition" of the Fusion Art Gallery, in the 3D Category with the Artwork: Christmas Pinecone.
GALLERIES that represent her
- Member of Sangiorgioarte, "Movimento degli Arcani", founded by Prof. Paolo Levi and the Antonio Lagioia
- Member of the “Colegio de Arquitectos Mexicanos” in Mexico.
- By the Art Critic Prof. Paolo Levi: "THE SECRET SOUL OF A POET" written for the publication in the Art Magazine: Lagioiadellarte, Contemporary Art review, June 2021, SanGiorgioArte. and for the Art Catalog: "L'Atlante dell'Arte" de Agostini 2021.
- By the Art Critic Prof. Paolo Levi: "ON THE WINGS OF A BUTTERFLY" written for the Papalote Museum in Mexico City and for publication in the Art Magazine: Lagioiadellarte, Contemporary Art review, June 2019, SanGiorgioArte.
PRIVATE COLLECTIONS in Italy and abroad
-Italy: Rome, Milan, Florence, Turin, Bologna, Bolzano, Merano, Appiano, Garda, Olbia, Porto Rotondo, Porto Cervo and Isola La Maddalena.
-Abroad: USA (Palm Beach and Palm Desert), Austria (Vienna), Great Britain (London), Monte Carlo, France (Aix en Provence), Finland (Helsinki), Mexico (Mexico City, Valle de Bravo and San Miguel Allende).
-2017 - Landscape architecture project commissioned by a clinic in Sicily with rendering furnished with its own sculptures (Agaves and flowers).
- 2022 Bolzano, permanent exhibition at The PALAIS CAMPOFRANCO with 3 sculptures
- 2021 June - Bolzano, Italy in the Little Gallery, individual exhibition "Le Piante nell’Arte"
- 2017 April - Bolzano, Italy in the Little Gallery, individual exhibition "Le Piante nell’Arte"
PARTICIPATION IN COLLECTIVE
Bolzano, Bolzano's Autumn Fair with UNIKA (I)
Ortisei, Val Gardena the 29th. UNIKA Fair (I)
Corvara, Alta Badia Exhibition D'ERT UNIKA (I)
Ortisei, Val Gardena Biennale IDEA UNIKA in July (I)
Ortisei, Val Gardena Collective exhibition "46" – 46 UNIKA (I)
Alpe di Siusi, Val
Gardena "Back to the Roots" with the UNIKA Group (I)
FRANZENSFESTE, FORTEZZA 18.03 to 06.06.2023 Exhibition "Mudazion" with UNIKA (I)
Munich, Germany at the "Craft Fair" in March with the UNIKA Group (D)
Bressanone, Italy at The Fort FORTEZZA in
March with the UNIKA Group (I)
Bolzano, Italy at The BOLZANO AUTUM FAIR with the UNIKA Group (I)
Bolzano “FARBEN” exhibition with LVH at Castel Mareccio with the UNIKA Group (i)
ARTWEEKS with my project "TIMELESS NATURE" at my Studio opened to the public on 1 October 2022 by the Suedtiroler Kuenstlerbund (I)
Ortisei, Val Gardena the 28th UNIKA ART FAIR (I)
Sassoferrato, MAM’S Palazzo Degli Scalzi, ospita UNIKA (I)
Asiago, Ex prison with the UNIKA Group (I)
Bolzano, Palazzo Mercantile with the UNIKA Group (I)
Bolzano, Campo Franco with the UNIKA Group (I)
Brindisi, Museo Ribezzo with Lagioiadell’Arte and "Movimento degli Arcani" (I)
Ortisei, Val Gardena the 27. UNIKA Art Fair (I)
Porto Rotondo, Sardinia exhibition "Le Quaie des Artistes" (I)
Umbria, Italy exhibition "THERE IS NO BEAUTY WITHOUT MYSTERY" by Sangiorgio Arte (I)
Spello, Italy Int. Exhibition of Contemporary Art: "Stati d'Arte" at the Villa Fidelia (I)
Perugia, Italy “NON C'E' BELLEZZA SENZA MISTERO”, room at the Rocca Paolina(I)
Turin, Italy PARATISSIMA 15th fair int. independent artists. (I)
Mantua, Italy Museo Francesco Gonzaga, International Biennial "Mantova Artexpo 2019" (I)
Milan. exhibition of the International Yearbook of Contemporary Art ARTISTI '19 " (I)
Rome, Palazzo Ferrajoli. "L’Arte si mostra" (I)
Palm Springs, USA. Fusion Art Gallery "3rd Annual Group Show" (USA)
Tarquinia, Felici Di Sanctis Park. "Tra i rami dell’arte" (I)
Porto Cervo, Sardinia. Christie's Int. Gallery "Arte in Porto Cervo Marina" (I)
Porto Rotondo, Sardinia. Christie's Int. Real estate gallery "Arte in porto" (I)
Porto Rotondo, "Incontriamoci nell’arte" (I)
Milan at The Nature Art Gallery "Abitare la natura" (I)
Milan at The Nature Art Gallery "Mediterranea" (I)
Milan at The Nature Art Gallery "A Christmas Expo" (I)
Porto Cervo Marina, Sardinia. "Arte in Porto" (I)
Porto Rotondo, Sardinia Christie's Int. Real Estate Gallery "L’elemento acqua nell’arte" (I)
Porto Rotondo, Sardinia "Incontriamoci nell’arte" (I)
- 01/31/2022 She donated her Artwork: SHINY AGAVE to the Mexican Embassy in Italy, Rome, at the request of Ambassador Carlos Eugenio García de Alba Zepeda for the commemoration of the Mexican Embassy's 100 years in Italy and is now part of its artistic heritage.
-24/08/2018 She donated the Artwork: Agave Splendente, for the charity art auction "ArtCharity Lottery in San Pantaleo for" Oftal Lido del Sole.
5 Spoken and ritten languages: Spanish, Italian, French, English and German.